We’re a group of macOS and iOS administrators, serving the Greater Philadelphia region (including eastern Pennsylvania, Delaware, and South Jersey). Generally, we meet the third week of the month. Our meetings follow one of two formats:
- The even-numbered months take place at the Walnut Street Apple Store. Just walk to the back of the store, open the large door on the right, go up the stairs, and head to the conference room at the end of the hallway. You can also mention to an Apple employee that you’re attending the Mac Admins meeting.
- We discuss “What’s New” since we last met, and dive into a group discussion or a featured presentation (contact us if you’d like to present).
- Food and refreshments are provided, usually by a sponsor.
- The presentations are livestreamed via YouTube, and the link is posted here several minutes before the meetup starts.
- Chat is in the #philly channel in the MacAdmins Slack.
- The odd-numbered months are more open-ended. We’ll either meet at someone’s workplace (contact us if you’d like to host), or have a social gathering at a local restaurant.
All meetings are free to attend and open to everyone. To view and RSVP to our upcoming meetings, please see the sidebar to the right, or our Meetup page.
We held our August 2018 meeting at the Walnut Street Apple Store on Thursday, August 23rd. Our thanks to the Apple Store for hosting us, and to Jamf for sponsoring food and refreshments!
Serge covered What’s New:
- macOS Mojave Beta
- Office Updates
- Security round up
- Items of Interest
Afterwards, our guest speaker, Jeff Porten, presented Take Control of Your Productivity. Last night’s presentation was based on his book, which is available at a 30% discount at his website.
See you next month! We’re planning a social event, and will notify everyone in the Meetup.com group as soon as we have details.
We held our July 2018 meeting at Saint Joseph’s University, in Mandeville Hall. Our thanks to SJU for the venue, food, and refreshments.
Serge covered What’s New, and we held an open discussion afterwards. Take a look:
See you next month, back at the Apple Store!
We held our 3 year anniversary meetup on Thursday the 21st. Our thanks to Jamf for sponsoring food and refreshments, and to the Apple Store Walnut Street Business Team for providing the venue. We’re so appreciative to everyone for three years of support!
Since WWDC was earlier this month, we had a lot to cover. Serge presented on What’s New, our very own John Mahlman presented Leveraging DEPNotify and jamf Pro for Device Deployment, and we held an open discussion.
See you next month! We’ll be meeting at Saint Joseph’s University – more details to come.
We held our May 2018 social meetup at Yards Brewing Company last Wednesday. Many thanks to Yards for accommodating us, Jamf for sponsoring food and appetizers, and our very own John Mahlman for organizing this! We’ll definitely be going back!
Hi everyone – just a quick note about this month’s social meetup. We’ll have more details soon, but our plan is to meet on Wednesday, May 23rd from 7 to 9 PM. We’ll send out an invitation once we have the details finalized, so please join the Meetup.com group if you haven’t already. Hope to see you there!
On April 19th, 2018, we held our April meeting at the Apple Store on Walnut Street. Our continued thanks to the Apple Store staff for hosting us!
Serge covered What’s New, and we held an open discussion afterwards. See you next time!
Our April 2018 meeting will take place at the Apple Store on Walnut Street next week! Please RSVP and join us!
We held our first social meetup of the year at Three Monkeys Cafe on March 15th. Our thanks to the staff for hosting us, and for our very own John Mahlman for organizing this!
We held our February 2018 meeting at the Apple Store on Walnut Street. Thanks to everyone who came out!
Serge covered What’s New, and we held an open discussion afterwards. Dennis brought t-shirts for everyone to check out!
Just a quick note that we’re hosting a social gathering this Thursday, at Three Monkeys Cafe. Please see our Meetup.com page for details and to RSVP. We’ll be closing RSVPs on Wednesday.
See you there!